Communities in Schools
What is Communities in Schools?
Communities in Schools is the nation's leading dropout prevention organization. Their mission is simple, "to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life." Communities in Schools believes that every young person needs and deserves:
* a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
* a safe place to learn and grow
* a healthy start and healthy future
* a marketable skill to use upon graduation
* a chance to give back to peers and the community
At Thiriot Elementary we have programs to assist every student. Some of these services include:
* academic assistance
* behavior interventions
* community resource referrals
* medical & dental referrals
* attendance monitoring
* clothing closet & school supplies
* food pantry services
Want more information?
Stop by Room 132 and talk to Kirsten Farrar, the Communities in Schools site coordinator at Thiriot Elementary.
(702) 799-2550 X4029