At Thiriot, our goals are to provide each child with new challenges that access background knowledge and build on prior experiences. We want to help all students learn, grow, and achieve success in a safe environment.
We believe in our school's mission statement: At Thiriot Elementary School, we develop strong leaders and lifelong learners who make positive contributions to society through respect and responsibility.
5700 W. Harmon Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89103
8:50am - 3:21pm
7:30am - 4:00pm
8:20am - 3:31pm
News You Can Use
(English & Spanish)
How To Videos
Access Google Apps for School
Log Into Your Digital Classroom (Canvas) Using Clever
Family and Community Engagement Services (FACES) has created some great, free, informational courses and videos for you. The videos are available in English and Spanish.
Return to School Information for PreK-3
We have finalized our plans to move toward the hybrid instruction model for grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 3.
Your child’s Cohort assignment and teacher placement has been sent to you. New classes begin Monday, March 1st. Many students were reassigned to another teacher due to the restrictions of the hybrid model. Many of our staff are team teaching so your child may have different teachers for face-to-face instruction and online virtual instruction.
Starting Monday, March 1st, CCSD will no longer have Food Distribution Sites located at elementary schools. Students who are in face-to-face instruction on their assigned days will have the option to receive meals for breakfast and lunch at school during the school day. Food Distribution Sites will be available for all children ages 2-18 years of age Monday through Friday (except holidays) at middle school parking lots from 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. and at high school parking lots from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Visit CCSD.net for more information.
CAMPUS LIMITATIONS & RESTRICTIONS:
As a reminder, our school campus will remain closed to visitors. Parents will only be permitted to enter the school building when it is determined necessary, with an appointment, and upon completion of the required health questionnaire. In order to follow restrictions on the number of people on campus, we are limiting each student to one parent on campus during arrival and dismissal.
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL:
There are new procedures for drop off and after school pick up. In the morning, students will be assigned a specific door to enter school based on their grade level.
During dismissal, you will be required to wait outside in the parent waiting area to pick up your child unless your child walks home or rides a bus. If you would like your child to walk home, please send a note to your child’s Hybrid teacher. We must have confirmation in writing prior to letting students leave the campus.
Please note that the parking lot will be closed during dismissal to follow social distancing guidelines. Plan to park on the street and walk to the outside parent waiting area for your grade level to pick up your child.
To limit the amount of students entering and leaving the school at one time, drop off and pick up times are staggered. Please refer to the schedule for your child’s start and end time. Children from the same family may enter the building at the start time of your youngest child.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
All students, staff, and parents will be required to wear masks at all times, while on campus, with the exception of eating. Please work with your child to find a mask that is comfortable and practice wearing one throughout the day.
Also, all students, staff, and parents will stay at least six feet from other people inside the building as well as outside during arrival and dismissal. There will be no congregating on campus. All parents should leave campus immediately after arrival and dismissal.
Please check your child for symptoms each day before school using the "On the Way To and From School" handout.
As you can tell, school will look and feel very different. Some of the differences are:
1. Students will not be allowed to move freely around the room or building.
2. There will be structured play (recess) following CDC guidelines.
3. If students show any signs of illness, they will be placed on “distance learning” that day and will stay at home for 10 days. Parents will be required to pick their child up from school immediately. Signs of illness include: fever, stomachache, sneezing, vomiting, runny nose, and headache.
4. There will be no sharing of school supplies in the classroom. Supplies will be provided for every student. If you would like to donate extra supplies, please bring them to the office to be delivered to the classroom.
5. Since water fountains will be off limits, please send your child with a water bottle each day.
6. In some cases, chromebooks will need to be transported back and forth from school to home and vice versa. Your child’s teacher will let you know their technology expectations.
7. Wednesdays are designated for distance education for all students. All students will attend their specials (Art, PE, Library, Music, and Technology) virtually throughout the day.
8. Drop off and pick up procedures will be implemented in accordance with the Hybrid Model Implementation Guide. Please refer to the maps for more information.
9. The new hybrid learning schedules for Cohorts A, B, and C are posted at the top of this webpage. The hybrid schedules take effect March 1st for all students in all cohorts, grades K-5.
If your child will be attending school on campus, we will do our absolute best to keep them, you, and your family safe while also ensuring the safety of the staff who will be working with them. Transitioning to the hybrid model is going to take all of us working together. Please review all of the provided information so you and your child are prepared and are aware of the expectations. If you have any questions about the hybrid model, you may learn more about it on the CCSD website.
Sonya Holdsworth, Principal
Registering for 2020-2021
The Clark County School District requires all parents to register their children using an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. No student is automatically registered for the upcoming school year.
Registration for the 2020 - 2021 school year is going on now. Please go to CCSD.net for instructions on how to register your child online. If you need assistance with registration or to obtain your Campus Portal username/password, you can call the school, (702) 799-2550.
After completing the Campus Portal registration application, the school clerk will contact you to finalize your paperwork. You will need the following documents:
* Proof of residency. This can be a current utility bill (gas, power, or water bill) or a lease agreement. Telephone and cable bills will not be accepted.
* Personal identification for parent/guardian. This can be a driver's license or a picture ID.
* Birth certificates and immunization records are required for students who are new to CCSD.